Over time the floors of our homes start to look dull and scuffed. Marble may develop cracks and chips. Grouting may become black. Regular maintenance is necessary to restore shine. To do so we use the ‘mirror image marble polishing process’. This process uses specialized machines, industrial diamonds, and chemical compounds to achieve results. Industrial diamonds come in a sequence where the lower the number of the grit, the better is its ability to cut the marble and as the number increases the diamonds polishing ability is enhanced.
Benefits of using our marble polishing service:
- Zero lippage
- Repair cracks and chips and remove scratches
- Restore original shine of floor
- Match grouting with colour of the stone
- Use best in class marble grinding machines from Italy
- Trained manpower that understand the nuances of working with marble
- Hand over your premises as you give it to us taking care not to spill slurry and to clean up behind us.
The marble polishing process involves grinding, honing and polishing.
Grinding – This is the first step in the marble polishing process. This is achieved with metal bonded diamond grit which coarsely grinds away the stone leaving it flat, but with a rough finish. The next step is to repeat the process with finer grades of diamonds which are resin bonded. The finer grits will remove scratches left in stone from the previous grit. The level to which grinding takes place depends on several factors such as color and type of marble, number of scratches, depth of stains, levelness of marble etc. This is the most important step and leads to removal of stains, scratches, roughness, and evens out the marble.
Honing –Industrial diamonds of higher grits are used to enhance the natural shine of marble floor. Each grade of industrial diamond used is progressively finer which serves to remove the scratches which are left in the stone by the preceding grade. Eventually, the scratches will not be visible to the naked eye, allowing the light to reflect of the stone.
Polishing – Polishing brings a “mirror-like” shine by chemical reaction on the surface of marble. Polishing also creates microfilm on the surface of marble, which is more solid and durable and helps to preserve the color and the brightness of the marble. Polishing is done using a powder polishing compound mixed with water. After polishing, the floors are washed with plain water and then buffed.
For regular maintenance of mirror-like finish on marble flooring, the floors can be scrubbed, polished and buffed once every 6 months.
Above explains the standard marble diamond polish process. When undertaking this process, you can opt to apply a densifier on your floor or a top-level sealant. In addition, you can also polish marble counter tops, wall cladding, skirting and steps. If you have any grooves or moulding that need to be made our team can give you a smooth finish on all edges, grooves and moulding. Please do contact us at Cleansweep on 9717719303 for more details on how we can best maintain your marble floors.
Often clients ask us why it is expensive to make grooves / moudling in new marble. When grooves and moulding are set in marble (reference image), they have sharp edges. To smoothen the moulding / grooves we have the following options to choose from:
– Use a hand grinder machine to remove the sharpness from the edges.
– Use hand sand paper starting at 60 number of coarness and work our way up to 420 number of sand paper. Each subsequent number is less coarse than the previous. It works by removing the sharpness and then smoothening the edges.
– There is a machine available that makes the moulding and edges on pieces of stone. Then the ready made pieces are mounted on walls or skirting. This machine is expensive and usually available with large companies that focus on marble laying work.
We recommend a combination of the first two steps. Our reservation with using only the hand grinding machine for the edges is that on walls, it does not give the smooth finish one would want. The aim is to run our hand along the grooves / moulding and not get cut. The machine helps to remove the sharpness of the marble, but using the hand sand paper made for stone brings the smoothness.
Making grooves and moudling with only a machine is quick. But if you want perfect grooves, use sand paper as well. The sand paper is what is time consuming and required a lot of effort as everything is done by hand. Once the grooves and moudling are made, you will never have to repeat this process, just maintain cleanliness and shin. It is worth the one – time investment.
If you have a new project where you are installing marble and need a professional team for marble polishing, please contact Cleansweep. We provide marble diamond polish and restoration services in Noida, Gurgaon and Delhi.
At Cleansweep we provide marble polishing service for old marble and for newly installed marble. In the case of new marble, we often get asked what are the steps we will follow such that marble polishing happens in the correct sequence without the stone getting damaged. As new marble is laid in a construction site, there are several other teams working and we must all work and support each other.
At a construction site where new marble is being installed, we recommend the following sequence:
- At the time when the stone is laid we will remove the fibre from the stone, do the cutting of the marble to ensure that there is no lippage. This is followed by filling of grouting, cracks and chips. At this stage we will match the colour of the filling with the colour of the stone. Then we will cut the extra filling.
- After running grit number 200 we suggest that the floors are covered and the rest of the work at the site carries on.
- If there are any grooves and moulding, these will be made after the grinding of the stone.
- We will adopt the same process for walls as we would for flooring.
- Once the grinding, grouting, cracks and chips have been treated, we will advise all the other painting and carpentry work to be completed at the site.
- When 90% of work is completed at site, then we will come back and finish the floors and walls.
- We will cover the floors and walls once again after completing them. Just before moving in our team will come back and do a dry buff of the floors to remove surface dirt.
Having worked at several construction sites before, we recommend using cello guard to cover your floors in between marble polishing steps. This will provide good protection to marble floors from water and construction work. Reference images have been included in this blog.
Another concern for clients is that the slurry from marble polishing will splash on the walls and woodwork. Our work is organised in sync with other teams to ensure walls are protected. If required we will provide good covering for woodwork or walls to prevent anything from getting spoilt.
If you are looking to work with a trusted, trained vendor for marble polishing, contact us and we will work out a plan to best suit your needs.
The monsoons are a welcome relief from the scorching summer heat. However, it does come with its cleaning woes – water stains on glass façade, water and waste accumulation in balconies, pipes and drains, increase in the number of flies and bugs and more dirt / muck coming from outside into your office premises.
You can now relieve yourself of cleaning woes by using Cleansweep’s office cleaning service. We offer a deep cleaning service on a one – time or AMC basis. The service can be tailored to meet your key needs.
Our recommendations on additional steps you can take to keep your office clean during the monsoons:
– Daily cleaning of the terrace and balconies to prevent water accumulation.
– All water outlets to be checked to ensure there are no blockages and water flows smoothly.
– External façade paint can be sealed with a surface sealant to provide protection from rains.
– Use rubber floor matting at the entrance to absorb water from footwear.
– Use a few drops of citronella in floor cleaning water to ward off insects and flies.
– Assign an area to keep wet umbrella’s and raincoats, which is cleaned regularly.
– Get pest control done.
Let us help you keep your office clean and sanitized during the monsoons. A clean office will also reduce the risk of employees falling sick during this season. Contact Cleansweep for office deep cleaning in Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Greater Noida, and Faridabad.
Sandstone is a common stone used in India as a Façade. Once the stone has been set, we must clean it to remove cement and building material used to firmly fix the stone onto the building façade. Our team at Cleansweep is trained to treat different stones including sandstone. Here we have used hand machine and appropriate grits to clean sandstone to its original surface. After cleaning, we recommend a sealer be applied to the stone to protect it from the forces of nature. As sandstone is a porous stone it is likely to absorb a lot of the sealer and may require the application to be done twice. Despite this you can be rest assured the stone will be protected by the sealer and it is worth the investment.
If you have any sandstone façade cleaning requirements, do get in touch with us so we can help you.